What is Di Huang?
, which is also called Rehmannia glutinosa
, the name of traditional Chinese medicine. The fresh or dried tuber root of Rehmannia glutinosa Libosch.
The height can reach 30 cm, the rhizome is fleshy, yellow when fresh, and the stem is purple-red under cultivation conditions. The diameter can reach 5.5 cm, the leaves are ovate to oblong, the veins are sunken on the top, the flowers are slightly arranged in racemes at the top of the stem, the corolla is purple-red outside, yellow-purple inside, the chamber is oblong, and the capsule is ovate to long Oval, flowering and fruiting period from April to July.
Rehmannia glutinosa is more sweet than bitter, moist and sweet in quality, clearing away bitterness and cold. Go into the heart and liver meridian, clear heat and cool blood, relieve restlessness and stop bleeding; go into the kidney meridian, nourish yin and promote body fluid, lubricate the large intestine, quench thirst and relieve constipation. Eliminate pathogenic factors and strengthen the body. It can be used for blood heat, yin deficiency with heat, yin blood deficiency, body fluid dryness and intestinal dryness, and it is most suitable for patients with excessive heat and yin injury.
Types of Di Huang
Fresh Di Huang
Shape: Spindle-shaped or strip-shaped, thin outer skin, with curved wrinkles, horizontally long lenticels and irregular scars, 1 part of the leaf has radial texture, 9-15 cm long, 1-6 cm in diameter.
Color: The surface is light reddish yellow, the meat is light yellowish white in section, and orange-red oil spots can be seen.
Odour: Slight gas, slightly sweet and slightly bitter taste.
Sheng Di Huang
Shapez: Mostly irregular lumps or oblong, enlarged in the middle, slightly thinner at both ends, some small, long strips, slightly flat and twisted, extremely shrunken, with irregular transverse curves, weight , soft and tough, not easy to break, shiny, sticky, 6-12 cm long, 3-6 cm in diameter.
Color: The surface is brown-black or brown-gray, and the section is brown-black or jet-black.
Odour: Slight odor, slightly sweet taste.
Shu Di Huang
Shape: Irregular pieces and fragments, varying in size and thickness, shiny, viscous, soft and tough, not easy to break.
Color: The surface is jet black, the section is jet black and shiny.
Odour: Slight odor, sweet taste.
Growth environment of Di Huang
Dihuang grows on barren hillsides, foothills, walls, roadsides, etc. at an altitude of 50-1100 meters. Di Huang like loose and fertile sandy loam.
Dihuang is distributed in Liaoning, Henan, Hebei, Shandong, Shaanxi, Shanxi, Gansu, Inner Mongolia, Hubei, Jiangsu and other provinces in China. It is cultivated all over China and abroad.
Processing methods of Di Huang
Collection and processing
Excavated in autumn, remove reed heads, fibrous roots and sediment, and use fresh or processed.
Fresh Di Huang
Remove impurities such as reed heads, fibrous roots and sediment, wash, moisten, cut into thick slices, and use fresh.
Sheng Di Huang
Slowly bake the Di Huang to about 80% dry.
Shu Di Huang
1. Take Sheng Di Huang, stew it with wine until the wine is fully absorbed, take it out, dry it in the sun until the mucus on the skin is slightly dry, cut it into thick slices or pieces, and dry it. (For every 100kg of raw Di Huang, use 30-50kg of rice wine.)
2. Take Sheng Di Huang, steam it until black and moist, take it out, and when it is about 80% dry, cut it into thick slices or blocks, and dry it.
Di Huang TCM
Root tubers of plants.
(1) Fresh Di Huang: sweet, bitter, cold in nature.
(2) Sheng Di Huang: sweet in taste, cold in nature.
(3) Shu Di Huang: sweet in taste, slightly warm in nature.
(1) Fresh Di Huang: return heart, liver, and kidney channels.
(2) Sheng Di Huang: return heart, liver and Kidney Channels.
(3) Shu Di Huang: return liver, kidney meridian.
(1) Fresh Di Huang: clearing away heat and promoting body fluid, cooling blood, stopping bleeding.
(2) Sheng Di Huang: clearing away heat and cooling blood, nourishing yin and promoting body fluid.
(3) Shu Di Huang: nourishing blood and nourishing yin, benefiting essence and filling marrow.
(1) Fresh Di Huang: used for febrile disease impairing yin, crimson tongue and polydipsia, hot toxin spotting, vomiting blood, epistaxis, sore throat.
(2) Sheng Di Huang: used for hot blood entering the camp, warm toxin and spotting, vomiting blood, epistaxis, febrile disease impairing yin, knowing crimson polydipsia, fluid injury constipation, sore throat.
(3) Shu Di Huang: used for blood deficiency and chlorosis, palpitations, irregular menstruation, metrostaxis, liver and kidney yin deficiency, soreness of the waist and knees, bone steaming and hot flashes, night sweats and nocturnal emission, internal heat and quenching thirst, dizziness, tinnitus, and chin hair Early white.
(1) Bleeding after abortion: One qian of ochre, half cup of raw rehmannia juice. Take it three or five times a day, with pain as the degree. ("Sanji Lu")
(2) Hematemesis and epistaxis: Divide Huhuanglian and Rehmannia glutinosa into equal parts. For the end, pig bile pills and Wuzi are big, and fifty pills of Maohua Decoction when lying down. ("Pujifang")
(3) Dry mouth and restlessness: Five taels of Rehmannia glutinosa, three cups of water, one and a half cups of decoction, divided into three servings, and used up in one day. ("Sheng Huifang")
(4) Hematemesis does not stop: one or two each of turtle shell and clam powder (same fried yellow color), one and two halves of rehmannia glutinosa (dried in the sun). for the end. Two qian per serving, drink with tea after eating. ("Sanji Lu")
(1) Fresh Di Huang, 12-30g.
(2) Sheng Di Huang, 10-15g.
(3) Shu Di Huang, 9-15g
(1) Sheng Di Huang: It is not suitable for people with spleen deficiency and stagnation of dampness, abdominal fullness and loose stools.
(2) Shu Di Huang: This product is sticky in nature and hinders digestion. It is contraindicated for those with qi stagnation, excessive phlegm, abdominal distension and pain, lack of food and loose stools. It should be used with tangerine peel and amomum for long-term use, so as not to be sticky and disturb the stomach.
(1) "Compendium of Materia Medica": Sheng Di Huang (all menstrual blood heat, nourishing yin and reducing yang. Honey pills are taken to treat women's fever and fatigue. Honey decoction is used to treat children with strong fever, polydipsia and drowsiness.) Shu Di Huang (blood deficiency, labor heat, Deficiency-heat after childbirth, deficiency-dryness in the elderly. Together with Sheng Di Huang, it is made into powder, and ginger juice paste pills are used to cure women's labor-heat.)
(2) "Hen Jing Feng Yuan": Sheng Di Huang controls heat in the heart, heat in the palms, nourishes the kidney water, cools the blood in the heart, and it is suitable for those with a strong pulse. If the pulse is weak, it is suitable to use Shu Di Huang.
Di Huang benefits
Fresh Di Huang
Fresh Di Huang has the effects of clearing away heat, promoting body fluid, cooling blood, and stopping bleeding. It can be used to treat febrile disease, yin deficiency, polydipsia, hot spots, vomiting blood, epistaxis, sore throat, etc. It tastes sweet, bitter, and cold in nature.
Sheng Di Huang
Sheng Di Huang is sweet and cold in nature, has the effect of clearing away heat and cooling blood, nourishing yin and promoting body fluid, and can be used to treat blood entering the camp due to heat, spots caused by warm toxin, vomiting blood and epistaxis, febrile disease hurting yin, crimson tongue, polydipsia, fluid Constipation due to injury, fever due to yin deficiency, fatigue heat due to bone steaming, internal heat and quenching thirst, etc.
Shu Di Huang
Shu Di Huang is sweet in taste, slightly warm in nature, mainly tonic, such as nourishing blood and nourishing yin, nourishing essence and filling marrow, used to treat blood deficiency and chlorosis, palpitations, irregular menstruation, metrorrhagia and bleeding, and liver and kidney yin deficiency embolism.
Di Huang side effects
A small number of patients with Sheng Di Huang may have adverse reactions such as diarrhea, abdominal pain, dizziness, fatigue, and palpitations (rapid heartbeat, often accompanied by palpitation), which can disappear within a few days. Contraindicated in patients with spleen and stomach dampness, yang deficiency, and phlegm in the chest and diaphragm.
The side effects of Shu Di Huang are unknown. Contraindicated for weak spleen and stomach, qi stagnation, phlegm, fullness and loose stools (thin and unformed stools).
If discomfort occurs, it is recommended to seek medical treatment in time and follow the doctor's advice to avoid delaying the best time for treatment.
How to take Di Huang?
Di Huang is generally added to decoction and taken in decoction. When oral administration of Di Huang decoction, the usual dosage is 10-30g
Fresh Di Huang can also be pounded into juice for oral administration.
Made into powder or pill
Liu Wei Di Huang Wan
Liuwei Dihuang Wan, the name of Chinese patent medicine. For tonic. It is used for the treatment of deficiency of kidney yin, dizziness and tinnitus, soreness of the waist and knees, hot flashes due to bone steaming, night sweats and nocturnal emission, and diabetes.
Liu Wei Di Huang Wan benefits
Liuwei Dihuang Wan has the effect of nourishing yin and nourishing kidney.
Qi Ju Di Huang Wan
Qi Ju Di Huang Wan is used for the treatment of deficiency of liver and kidney yin, dizziness and tinnitus, photophobia, wind and tears, and dim vision.
Qi Ju Di Huang Wan benefits
Qi Ju Di Huang Wan has the effect of Nourishing the kidneys and nourishing the liver.
Ophiopogon japonicus 10g, Di Huang 15g, lotus root 200g, washed and chopped, boiled in water, suitable for dry throat, dysphagia, nausea and vomiting.
10g fresh motherwort juice, 40g fresh Di Huang juice, 40g fresh lotus root juice, 2g ginger juice, 10g honey, 100g japonica rice for porridge. It is suitable for irregular menstruation, functional uterine bleeding, postpartum haemorrhage, lochia, stagnant abdominal pain, vomiting blood, epistaxis, hemoptysis, and blood in the stool.
How to choose Di Huang?
The production method of Shu Di Huang is very complicated, and it needs to be steamed and dried nine times to make it. The root tubers of really good Shu Di Huang are relatively fat, and the color looks very black and the gloss is very high.
The appearance of real Shu Di Huang looks moist. Squeezing it with your fingers can make the touch position sunken, and it will not be as hard as other traditional Chinese medicines.
How to buy Di Huang?
supply factory sale Di Huang
, if you are interested in Dihuang
or Rehmannia glutinosa
, please fill below form, we will contact you within 24 hours.