What is He Shou Wu?
He Shou Wu
, which is also called Fallopia multiflora
, also known as Polygonum multiflora, Purple Wuteng, Yejiao and so on. Polygonum Polygoni Multiflori is a perennial twining vine of the Polygonaceae Polygonum family, with thick roots, oblong, dark brown. Its roots are used as medicine, which can soothe the nerves, nourish blood, activate collaterals, detoxify (cut malaria), and eliminate carbuncles; making Shou Wu can nourish essence and blood, strengthen muscles and bones, black beard and hair, and nourish liver and kidney. It is a common precious Chinese herbal medicine. He Shou Wu
, the name of traditional Chinese medicine. It is the root tuber of Polygonum multiflorum Thunb. It has the effects of replenishing essence and blood (for use in production); detoxifying, cutting off malaria, and laxative (for raw use). Indications for deficiency of essence and blood, dizziness, premature graying of the beard and hair, soreness of the waist and knees, chronic malaria, carbuncle, scrofula, dryness of the intestine and constipation.
Growth environment of He Shou Wu
He Shou Wu grows in thickets in valleys, under forests on hillsides, rock crevices on the edge of ditches, at an altitude of 200-3000 meters.
He Shou Wu is distributed in southern Shanxi, southern Gansu, East China, Central China, South China, Sichuan, Yunnan and Guizhou. And it is also distributed in Japan.
Types of He Shou Wu
1. Raw Shou Wu
, both ends shaved off, washed, sliced, sun-dried or lightly baked to clear away heat and detoxify, has a more significant effect of moistening the intestines and laxatives, and can treat some rubella, itching, intestinal dryness and constipation.
2. Making Shou Wu
, the general system of Shou Wu
is boiled with black bean juice, steamed and dried to be used as medicine. The general color is jet black and bright. Replenishing essence and blood, pitch-black hair, strengthening bones and muscles, nourishing liver and kidney, good for blood deficiency, dizziness, tinnitus, premature graying of beard and hair.
It is suggested that different processing methods of He Shou Wu
have a significant impact on the efficacy. When choosing clinical application, it is generally necessary to go to the TCM internal medicine department of a regular hospital. Specifically, it may be necessary to choose the application in combination with the clinical doctor's order to avoid blind self-selection.
Processing methods of He Shou Wu
He Shou Wu
Take the raw medicinal materials, remove impurities, separate them by size, wash them, soak them slightly, moisten them thoroughly, cut them into thick slices or small pieces, and dry them.
Making He Shou Wu
1. Black bean system: Take the cleaned fleece-flower root slices or pieces, mix well with black bean juice. Put it in a suitable non-iron container, airtight, heat it with water or steam, and stew until the juice is exhausted; or mix it with black soybean juice, after it is stuffy, put it in a steamer or a wooden retort, and steam it until brown. Remove to dry.
2. Wine system: Take He Shou Wu slices or pieces, mix well with yellow rice wine, moisten for 4-6 hours, steam in a steamer for 6 hours, take it out and let it dry for a while, then add the juice in the pot, wait for the juice to be exhausted, pick it up and steam it again, Steam black to degree, take out and dry or dry.
Steaming He Shou Wu
Remove the impurities from the dried He Shou Wu, divide it into grades, soak it, wash it, pick it up, split the large ones, pour water in the middle, moisten them thoroughly, steam them in a steamer for 8 hours, keep them stuffy overnight, turn them up and down once in the next morning, and steam them again. Repeated steaming in this way until both inside and outside are moist, take it out, sun-dry until half-dried, cut into thick slices, mix in the original juice obtained during steaming, make it fully absorbed, dry, and sift out the dust. Steaming He Shou Wu can strengthen the beard and hair, nourish yin and strengthen the body.
He Shou Wu TCM
The dry roots of the plant.
Bitter, sweet, astringent, slightly warm in nature.
Returns to the Liver and Kidney channels.
Production use: Tonifying essence and blood.
Raw use: Detoxification, cutting off malaria, moistening intestines and laxative.
(1) Deficiency of essence and blood, dizziness, premature graying of beard and hair, soreness of waist and knees: Making Shou Wu is good for nourishing liver and kidney, nourishing essence and blood, and blackening beard and hair.
(2) Chronic malaria, carbuncle, scrofula, intestinal dryness and constipation: Raw Shou Wu has the effects of cutting off malaria, detoxification, and laxative.
(1) To treat blood deficiency and chlorosis, insomnia and forgetfulness, it is often used with Di Huang, angelica, jujube seed, etc.
(2) Treat deficiency of essence and blood, sore waist and weak feet, dizziness, premature graying of beard and hair, and kidney deficiency and childlessness. It is used in the same way as angelica, medlar, and dodder, such as Qibao Meiran Dan ("Jishantang Fang").
(3) Treat liver and kidney deficiency, soreness of the waist and knees, dizziness, tinnitus and deafness. It is often compatible with mulberry, black sesame, Eucommia, etc., such as Shou Wu Yanshoudan ("Shibuzhai Medical Book").
(4) To treat malaria for a long time, the qi and blood are weak, you can use raw Shou Wu with ginseng, angelica, tangerine peel, and stewed ginger, and how to drink it ("Jingyue Quanshu").
(5) To treat scrofula, carbuncle and skin itching, it can be compatible with medicines such as Prunella vulgaris, Scutellaria, Angelica and other medicines ("Materia Medica Huiyan").
(6) To treat sores, swelling, itching and pain all over the body, it can be washed with decoction with Fangfeng, Sophora flavescens, and mint. How Shou Wu San ("Surgery Essentials").
(7) Treat blood deficiency, intestinal dryness and constipation in the elderly and infirm. It can be used with cistanche, angelica, and hemp seed to moisten the intestines and relieve constipation.
Use with caution in those with loose stools and wet phlegm. Avoid ironware.
He Shou Wu benefits
1. He Shou Wu has the effect of nourishing essence and blood, and can be used for the treatment of liver and kidney yin deficiency, essence and blood deficiency, kidney deficiency and childlessness, and weakness of the waist and knees;
2. He Shou Wu also has the function of detoxifying and cutting off malaria, and can be used for the treatment of malaria for a long time, scrofula carbuncle sores, sores, swelling and itching, and intestinal wind and blood;
3. He Shou Wu also has the effect of moistening the intestines and laxative, and can be used for the treatment of intestinal dryness and constipation.
He Shou Wu side effects
He Shou Wu is a relatively good tonic drug. The main side effects are diarrhea, liver damage, and melanosis of the colon, so it needs to be selected and used under the guidance of a doctor.
1. He Shou Wu contains anthraquinones. Long-term excessive use will inevitably produce some toxic and side effects. The more common one is that it is easy to cause diarrhea, and it will cause melanosis of the colon if it is not compatible with other drugs. He Shou Wu is recommended to be taken after decocting, not raw.
2. The main side effect of He Shou Wu is liver damage. If a small number of people find liver function damage after using it, the reason is related to the preparation of the drug, the quality of the drug, and the patient's physical fitness and other factors. In severe cases, jaundice may even occur. Special attention should be paid to the fact that the dosage of He Shou Wu should not be too large, and the time of taking it should not be too long.
How to take He Shou Wu?
There are many ways of compatibility of He Shou Wu. According to the prescription, appropriate amount of P He Shou Wu can be combined with traditional Chinese medicines such as Angelica, Angelica dahurica, Fennel, Akebia, Radix Paeoniae Rubra, Aconitum aurantium, Fructus Aurantii, Licorice, etc., and decoction with water can have different therapeutic effects.
Take appropriate amount of Radix He Shou Wu, white poria cocos, nepeta, flavescens, musk, cinnamon, sweet pine, chuanwu, white mustard seed, clematis, dodder achyranthes, angelica, wolfberry and other traditional Chinese medicines, or add honey to make pills, according to the doctor's advice Just take it.
He Shou Wu can be used to concoct a variety of medicinal wines. Compatibility of He Shou Wu with walnut meat, red poria cocos, white poria cocos, medlar fruit, lotus seed meat, angelica, ginger juice, honey, ginger, Ophiopogon japonicus, glutinous rice, etc., can be used to make medicinal wine for consumption.
Other usage of He Shou Wu
Because He Shou Wu has the effect of nourishing hair, it is often used to make shampoo.
1. He Shou Wu can improve scalp nutrition, repair hair yellow, cracked, frizzy and other problems, nourishes Silky Hair.
2. He Shou Wu can cleanse oily scalp and promote healthy hair growth, prevent hair loss, has the effect of black beard and black hair.
3. He Shou Wu refreshing oil control dirt, no silicone oil, no irritation.
How to choose He Shou Wu?
True and false He Shou Wu can be distinguished from the following four aspects.
The real He Shou Wu is a Polygonaceae plant, while the fake He Shou Wu is generally a Dioscoreaceae plant.
Color and texture
The surface of real He Shou Wu is reddish-brown or reddish-brown, wrinkled and uneven, with shallow grooves, the cut surface is light yellow-brown or reddish-brown, and there are special-shaped vascular bundles ringing, forming brocade-like patterns, commonly known as "tendons". Quality is solid. The surface of the fake He Shou Wu is dark and smooth, the cut surface is white, the center has no gluten, and the texture is crunchy.
Fake He Shou Wu vines are usually artificially made by inserting real He Shou Wu vines into the fake He Shou Wu when they are planted later, and they will be pulled out if pulled hard.
The real He Shou Wu has a bitter and astringent taste, while the fake He Shou Wu has a mild taste.
How to buy He Shou Wu?
supply factory sale He Shou Wu root
, if you are interested in He Shou Wu
, please fill below form, we will contact you within 24 hours.