What is Niu Huang?
Niu Huang (scientific name: Bos taurus domesticus Gmelin) is a gallstone in the gallbladder of bovines, a class of mammals in the chordate phylum. It is also called Bezoar, Calculus Bovis, Cow Bezoar, Bovis Calculus. The one produced in the gallbladder is called "biliary yolk" or "egg yolk", the one produced in the bile duct is called "tube yellow", and the one produced in the liver duct is called "liver yolk".
Morphology of Niu Huang
The complete Bezoar is oval, square or triangular, with a diameter of 0.5 to 3 cm. The surface is golden yellow or brownish yellow, with different shades, delicate and slightly shiny. Sometimes there is a black bright thin film on the outside, commonly known as "Wujinyi"; some have cracks on the surface, or are pockmarked and not smooth. Bezoar is lightweight and crunchy in texture, so it is easy to break.
Bezoar smells fragrant. And it tastes slightly bitter at first, then slightly sweet. The mouth is fragrant and cool after eating Bezoar. At the same time, it can be slowly melted without sticking to the teeth while chewing.
Growth Environment of Niu Huang
Cattle are docile, grow fast, and eat plant-based feed. Therefore, cattle are raised in most parts of the country, but they are mostly in the rice fields in the south.
Harvest and Processing of Niu Huang
Niu Huang can be collected all year round.
(1) Cleaning: Take out the Niu Huang and remove the outer thin film.
(2) Grind into powder: Wrap with rushes or grass silk first, then wrap with white cloth or raw paper, and dry in a cool place. When drying, remember to avoid wind, sunlight, and fire to prevent cracking or discoloration. Grind Niuhuang into very fine powder, which can be used as medicine.
(1) Stored in shading, airtight, cool and dry place. Moisture-proof and pressure-proof.
(2) Niu Huang can be stored in a dark brown glass bottle, or in an iron box packed in a plastic bag. Niu Huang should not be stored in cold storage, so as not to turn black and lose efficacy. Once moldy, it can be scrubbed with wine.
Artificial bezoar is artificially produced by extracting ox bile or pig bile. Artificial bezoar is a kind of bezoar substitute artificially prepared according to the main components of natural bezoar - bilirubin, bile acid, cholesterol, inorganic salts, and its production process is simple. Artificial bezoar is yellow loose powder.
How to reproduce Artificial Bezoar?
A foreign matter is implanted in the gallbladder of the cow, and the wound is then sutured. The cow will secrete a special substance to wrap the foreign matter. After a long time, the foreign matter will be surrounded by calcium salts and become organic, forming artificial gallstones.
Artificial Bezoar TCM
Oral administration: 0.15 ~ 0.35g, mostly into pills and powder
External application: Take appropriate amount, grind into powder and apply to the affected area
(2) Taboo: Pregnant women should use artificial bezoar with caution.
Artificial Bezoar has the effects of clearing the heart, removing phlegm, cooling the liver, calming wind and detoxification. It also has the functions of promoting the connection between the internal organs and the five sense organs.
Artificial Bezoar can be used to treat fever and coma, loss of reason caused by stroke, convulsions caused by startle epilepsy, epileptic madness, sore throat, sore mouth and tongue, carbuncle and furuncle.
Niu Huang TCM
Niu Huang is the dry gallstone of bovine bovine Bos taurus domesticus Gmelin.
Sweet in taste and cold in nature.
Enter to the heart and liver meridians.
Niu Huang has the effects of clearing the heart, removing phlegm, cooling the liver, calming wind and detoxification. It also has the functions of promoting the connection between the internal organs and the five sense organs.
Niu Huang can be used to treat fever and coma, loss of reason caused by stroke, convulsions caused by startle epilepsy, epileptic madness, sore throat, sore mouth and tongue, carbuncle and furuncle.
Oral administration: Decoction, 0.15-0.35g
External application: Take an appropriate amount of Niu Huang, grind it and apply it to the affected area.
(1) Niu Huang is not used with Changshan and dry lacquer.
(2) Niuhuang is cold in nature, so it cannot be used by pregnant woman and people with strong internal heat.
(1) Sun Simiao, Niu Huang can benefit the liver and gallbladder, calm the mind, remove internal heat, relieve diarrhea of children caused by frightened.
(2) Shennong Materia Medica Classic, Niu Huang mainly treats startle epilepsy, malaria, and seizures accompanied by fever symptoms.
(3) Supplementary Records of Famous Physicians, Niu Huang can be used to treat closed mouth due to epilepsy in children; it can also cure mania in adults and may cause abortion.
Syndrome of internal movement of liver wind
(1) Niu Huang is often used with pearls, amber, and uncaria to treat unconsciousness during epilepsy.
(2) Niu Huang can be used in the same way as scorpion, medicinal silkworms, and tianconghuang, which can treat convulsions in children, high fever convulsions, trismus, and irritability.
Heat Toxic Syndrome
(1) To treat internal heat, sore throat, swollen gums, sore tongue, Niu Huang is often used with realgar, gypsum, and rhubarb.
(2) To cure pyretic toxicity, treat pain and sores, Niu Huang can be used with mother of pearl, toad, and Qingdai.
Mental confusion and Coma
Niu Huang compatible with buffalo horn, borneol, and cinnabar can treat irritability and coma caused by excessive phlegm fire.
Niu Huang contains 5% to 11% of cholic acid, about 2% of deoxycholic acid, 0.6% to 1.7% of chenodeoxycholic acid and its salts, bilirubin (bilirubin) and its calcium salt; it also contains cholesterol and ergot Sterols, lecithin, fatty acids, vitamin D, water-soluble peptide SMC (with the effect of contracting smooth muscle and lowering blood pressure), and copper, iron, magnesium, zinc, etc.
Niu Huang benefits
Niu Huang, also known as Bezoar, has the effects of clearing heart, reducing phlegm, promoting gallbladder, and suppressing timidity. Besides, bezoar can cure fever, coma, delirium, epilepsy, convulsions in children, red and swollen pain in teeth, sore throat, sores on the tongue, carbuncle, and furunculosis.
According to modern research, Bezoar also has various pharmacological effects such as sedative, anticonvulsant, antipyretic, expectorant, cardiotonic, anti-hypoxia, scavenging free radicals, anti-aging, choleretic, hepatoprotective, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial.
Niu Huang side effects
Excessive use of Bezoar can lead to poisoning. Symptoms include increased gastrointestinal activity, diarrhea, increased skeletal muscle activity, convulsions, and spasm. In severe cases, Bezoar can cause the drop in blood pressure and arrhythmia, and reduce red blood cells and hemoglobin. Finally, the patient is semi-comatose or comatose, and eventually died of respiratory and circulatory failure.
(1) In the early stage of poisoning, you should induce vomiting, gastric lavage, and then take a general antidote.
(2) Give central stimulants to counter its central inhibitory effect.
(3) When blood pressure drops, vasopressors can be added to the intravenous infusion.
(4) When abdominal pain and diarrhea are severe, belladonna tablets can be taken orally or atropine sulfate can be injected subcutaneously. Repeat application as necessary.
(5) Taurine contained in Bezoar has an excitatory effect on the heart and a slight relaxation effect on blood vessels. In order to prevent the appearance of "disordered pulse", reserpine can be injected intramuscularly or orally in advance.
How to take Niu Huang?
Detoxification and Detumescence (especially good for patients with tongue cancer)
Niu Huang 5g, musk 1g, frankincense 6g, myrrh 6g, sugar 30g
Put frankincense, myrrh, and Niu Huang together in a stew pot and add 300g of water.
Bring the stewing pot to a boil on a strong fire, and then simmer for 25 minutes on a slow fire. Turn off the heat, add sugar and stir well.
When eating, put the musk into your mouth first, then drink the medicinal juice and swallow it. Drink 150g each time, twice a day.
Angong Niuhuang Wan
Angong Niuhuang Wan
can be used for stroke coma and encephalitis, meningitis, toxic encephalopathy, cerebral hemorrhage, sepsis.
Niuhuang Jiedu tablets
Niuhuang Jiedu Tablets can be used for internal fire, sore throat, swollen gums, sore mouth, redness and pain in the eyes.
Quick-acting Cow-bezoar Bolus
Quick-acting Cow-bezoar Bolus can be used for irritability, coma caused by phlegm fire, and dizziness caused by high blood pressure.
The use of traditional Chinese medicine should be based on the symptoms and diagnosis. Strictly follow the guidance of a professional traditional Chinese medicine practitioner and should not be used casually on one's own.
How to choose Niu Huang?
Natural Niu Huang
Natural Niu Huang smells fragrant. And it tastes slightly bitter at first, then slightly sweet. The mouth is fragrant and cool after eating Natural Niu Huang. At the same time, it can be slowly melted without sticking to the teeth while chewing.
Natural Niu Huang is better if it is neat, bright in color, brownish-yellow, fine in texture and fragrant in smell.
Artificial Niu Huang
Most Artificial Niu Huang are in powder form, and some are made into irregular spherical or square shapes, which are light brown or golden yellow. It is lightweight and crunchy in texture. The aqueous solution of Artificial Niu Huang can also dye the nails yellow. The smell is slightly fragrant and slightly fishy, and the taste is slightly sweet and bitter. There is no refreshing feeling after eating the bezoar.
Artificial Niu Huang is preferably dry and yellow in color.
How to buy Niu Huang?
supply factory sale Niu Huang
, if you are interested in Niu Huang, Niuhuang, Bezoar, Cow Bezoar, Calculus Bovis, Tricho Bezoar, Angong Niuhuang Wan, Artificial Bezoar
or Natural Bezoar,
please fill below form, we will contact you within 24 hours.