What is Tao Jiao?
(scientific name: Amygdalus persica L.
[Prunus persica (L.) Batsch.] ), which is also called Peach gum
, also called tao hua tears, is a red-brown or yellow-brown jelly-like substance secreted from the bark of peach trees. These secretions are peeled off from the bark and dried to obtain raw peach gum, which can be used in traditional Chinese medicine, or simply processed and eaten.
The main component of raw peach gum is macromolecular polysaccharide. Raw peach gum removes impurities, and after hydrolysis, decolorization and other treatments, it becomes small molecular polysaccharides, which is commercial peach gum.
Types of Tao Jiao
The main component of Raw Taojiao is macromolecular polysaccharide, which is not easy to dissolve in water, but has good water absorption, and the volume can be foamed more than 10 times. Raw peach gum removes impurities, and after hydrolysis, decolorization and other treatments, it becomes small molecular polysaccharides, which is commercial peach gum. The purpose of hydrolysis is to change the difficult-to-dissolve macromolecular polysaccharides into soluble small-molecular polysaccharides, which is convenient for industrial use.
Commercial Taojiao can thicken, emulsify, coagulate, etc. in food, which is close to the function of another common gum (gum arabic). Since gum arabic needs to be imported and is more expensive, peach gum is its cheap substitute. In Japan, peach gum can be used as a food additive. Peach gum is better than Arabic gum in some properties, such as greater light transmission and viscosity. In addition, peach gum is also widely used in chemical, cosmetic, printing and dyeing industries.
Growth environment of Tao Jiao
Peach is distributed in Hebei, Shanxi, Shaanxi, Gansu, Shandong, Henan, Sichuan, Yunnan and other places. Widely cultivated throughout the country. Tao grows on hillsides at an altitude of 800-1200m, at the bottom of valleys, or in wild forests and shrubs.
Taojiao is a red-brown or yellow-brown jelly-like substance secreted from the bark of peach trees.
Processing methods of Tao Jiao
Collection and processing
Harvest in summer, cut the bark with a knife, and collect after the resin overflows. Soak in water, wash away impurities, and dry in the sun.
Tao Jiao TCM
The resin secreted from the bark of Rosaceae plants such as peach or mountain peach.
Sweet and bitter; flat; non-toxic.
Return large intestine, bladder meridian.
Regulating blood, treating stranguria, antidysentery.
Stone stranguria; blood stranguria; dysentery; abdominal pain; diabetes; chyluria.
Tao Jiao is in the form of irregular lumps, teardrops, etc., with different sizes, the surface is yellowish brown, light yellow, horny, translucent. The texture is tough and soft, hard when dry, and the section is shiny. Slight gas, sticky when added with water.
Oral administration: decoction, 9-15g, or into pills or powder.
1. "Bie Lu": The main protection is not hungry, and endures the wind and cold.
2. "Tang Materia Medica": The main stone is drenched, blood is broken, and the evil is infested.
3. "Compendium": harmonizing blood and replenishing qi, treating diarrhea and relieving pain.
4. "Ben Jing Feng Yuan": Peach trees are glued, clearest fluid, and can cure bloody, stone stranguria. Acne is black and sunken, use Bisheng ointment.
Peach gum benefits
Cells and tissues in the human body contain a lot of protein. Protein is not only an important component of the human body, but also a participant in various activities in the human body. Protein is the source of life for the human body. Eating Tao Jiao can supplement the body with protein. Nutritional supplements.
The aging of human skin is directly related to free radicals. The elasticity of the skin is related to collagen. When the collagen in the human body is insufficient, the elasticity of the skin will decrease and wrinkles will appear. Tao Jiao contains more plant collagen. Moderate consumption of peach gum helps to supplement the body's collagen.
Brain-replenishing and intelligence-enhancing
Tao Jiao contains a lot of galactose, which is a component of cerebrosides in the brain nervous system. Proper consumption of peach gum can supplement the galactose needed by the brain, which is of great help to nourish the brain and improve intelligence.
Tao Jiao side effects
1. Patients with weak spleen and stomach should not eat too much Tao Jiao. If they eat too much, it may cause gastrointestinal system dysfunction and cause adverse symptoms such as diarrhea. Because peach gum contains a lot of plant collagen fibers, which can stimulate gastrointestinal motility and have the effect of laxative and laxative. Eating too much may speed up gastrointestinal motility, which will cause abdominal discomfort.
2. Patients with low blood sugar should not eat too much Tao Jiao, because peach gum has a certain hypoglycemic effect. If the blood sugar is low and then eat too much peach gum, it may aggravate the discomfort symptoms.
3. Pregnant women are not recommended to eat Tao Jiao blindly, because eating too much peach gum may easily cause symptoms of getting angry and constipation.
4. Women who have a lot of menstrual flow are not recommended to eat Tao Jiao during menstruation. Peach gum has a certain effect on promoting blood circulation. If you eat too much during menstruation, it may aggravate menstrual flow.
How to take Tao Jiao?
Peach gum soup
Materials: peach gum, red dates, rock sugar
1. Soak the Tao Jiao in clean water for a whole day to make it rise until it feels free of hard lumps; remove the black impurities on the surface of the peach gum and rinse with clean water.
2. Soak the red dates until they become fat. After cleaning, put them into the pot together with the peach gum, add an appropriate amount of water, bring to a boil on high heat, turn to low heat and simmer for 1.5 hours, add rock sugar and cook until the soup is thick; serve cold Suitable for both hot and cold.
Tao Jiao White Fungus
Ingredients: 15 grams of peach gum, 30 grams of rock sugar, 1 Sydney pear (300 grams), 5 grams of white fungus.
1. 5 grams of peach gum, 1000 ml of water. Soak Tao Jiao in clean water overnight until soft and swollen, about 10 times larger in volume.
2. Carefully remove the black impurities on the surface of the softened Tao Jiao, wash it repeatedly with clean water, and break it into even small pieces.
3. After soaking Yin er in water for 20 minutes to soften, break it into small flowers by hand. Peel Sydney pears and cut into 1cm-sized cubes.
4. Put the Tao Jiao, white fungus and water into the pot, bring to a boil on high heat, then change to low heat and continue to cook for 30 minutes. At this time, the soup starts to become a little viscous.
Cut Tao Jiao into granules, wash with water, chew and take. It is recommended to drink some warm water while chewing to help swallow and relieve stomach pain.
Tao Jiao Saponin Rice Porridge
Ingredients: saponin rice, peach gum, rose sauce, 1 spoon each, 6 red dates.
1. Wash saponin rice and Tao Jiao separately and soak them in water. I soak them for 8 hours. After 8 hours, wash the peach gum and saponin rice briefly and put them in a casserole, add 6 red dates.
2. Add enough water to the casserole, use high heat to bring to a boil, turn to medium and low heat for 2 hours and it will be cooked. Stir it from time to time during the period, so as not to burn the pot.
3. Add 1 spoon of rose sauce to the bowl, pour the cooked peach gum and saponin rice into it while it is hot, and stir well.
How to choose Tao Jiao?
The color of good Tao Jiao is very crystal clear under the care of the light, like amber, and the older the tree, the better the peach gum. The color of the new gum is relatively light, and the color is relatively dark.
The degree of foaming
The foaming degree of good peach gum is very good, which can reach more than ten times, and it melts as soon as it is boiled.
Cooked finished product
After cooking, it has a Q-like texture. If it is boiled into water, it is generally not old Tao Jiao.
Good peach gum has very few impurities, and generally has to be manually selected to remove impurities, while poor peach gum has a lot of impurities and looks dark.
Choose peach gum from old trees
Tao Jiao of the old tree is darker in color, and the peach gum of the new tree is lighter in color. Peach gum from old trees is better than new trees in terms of nutritional value and taste, and the foaming rate is much higher than that of new trees.
You can feel the difference between the authenticity of the food and the fake one. Natural peach gum has a gelatinous taste, but it also has a special fragrance. It spreads naturally after soaking and has a sticky taste, while artificial glue returns to the state of synthetic gum after soaking. There must also be a pungent chemical taste in the taste.
How to buy Tao Jiao?
supply factory sale Tao Jiao
, if you are interested in Taojiao
& Peach gum
, please fill below form, we will contact you within 24 hours.