What is Cassia?
(scientific name: Cassia toraLinn
), which is also called Jue Ming
, Cassia tora in the leguminous family. Annual subshrub herb, erect, strong, up to 2 meters high. No glands on petioles; leaflets obovate or obovate-long-elliptic, membranous, apex blunt with small pointed tips, sparsely pilose above and pilose below; stipules linear, caducous. Flowers axillary, often clustered in 2; pedicel filiform; sepals slightly unequal, ovate or ovate-oblong, membranous, petals yellow, anthers square, ovary sessile, pods slender, nearly quadrangular, seeds diamond-shaped, bright. Flowering and fruiting from August to November.
Jue Ming Zi
Jue Ming Zi, which is also called Semen cassiae or Cassia seed, the name of traditional Chinese medicine. It is the dry mature seed of the leguminous plant Cassia, named for its ability to improve eyesight. Clears liver and eyesight, promotes water and laxative, has laxative effect, lowers blood pressure and blood fat.
Types of Jue Ming Zi
Jue Ming Zi
Jue Ming Zi is slightly diamond-shaped square or short cylindrical, with both ends parallel and inclined, resembling a horseshoe, with a length of 3-7mm and a width of 2-4mm. The surface is yellow-green, smooth and shiny. One end is flat and the other end is obliquely pointed: there is a protruding ridge line on the dorsal and ventral surface, and a line-shaped concave pattern with symmetrical oblique plane and lighter color on both sides of the ridge line. The quality is hard and not easy to break. The testa book is seen at the mouth of the cross-section, and there are s-shaped bent yellow leaves in the middle, 2 overlapping. Slight gas, slightly bitter taste.
Little Jue Ming
Little Jue Ming is cylindrical. Smaller, 3-5mm long, 2-3mm wide, with a broad light yellow band on both sides of the surface ridge.
Growth environment of Jue Ming
Jueming is native to tropical America, and is widely distributed in the provinces and regions south of the Yangtze River in China. Widely distributed in tropical and subtropical regions of the world. Growing on hillsides, wilderness and river beaches
Jueming does not have strict requirements on the soil. It can be cultivated on ditch sides, sunny slopes, and roadsides. It is suitable for sandy loam with deep, fertile, and well-drained soil, with a pH of 6.5-7.5. Saline-alkali soil is not suitable for cultivation. Cassia officinalis is a light-loving plant that likes humid and warm climates, and sufficient sunlight is conducive to its growth.
Processing methods of Jue Ming Zi
Collection and processing
Harvest the mature fruit in autumn, dry it in the sun, lay the seeds, and remove impurities.
Jue Ming Zi
Remove impurities, wash and dry.
Fried Jue Ming Zi
Take the clean Jue Ming Zi, put them in a frying container, heat them over medium heat, and fry until the color deepens, slightly bulges, the cross-section is light yellow, and when there is aroma, take it out. The sausage-smoothing effect of this product is slightly stronger after processing, and it can slow down the sausage-smoothing effect after frying.
Jue Ming Zi TCM
The dry ripe seeds of a plant.
Sweet, bitter, cold in nature, slightly salty.
Return liver, large intestine channel.
Clearing the liver and improving eyesight, moistening the intestines and laxative.
Jue Ming Zi is used for conjunctival congestion, astringent pain, embarrassment, excessive tears, headache, dizziness, dark eyes, and constipation.
1. Invigorate the liver and improve eyesight: 1 liter of cassia seed, 2 liters of vitex, boiled with 5 liters of wine, and dried as the end. Take two qian per drink, put it under warm water, and take it twice a day. ("Sheng Hui Fang")
2. Red eyes, swelling and pain: stir-fry and grind cassia seeds, mix and apply on the temples, if it is dry, it will be easy to cure, and it will heal overnight. ("Medical Fang Jiexuan")
3. Tinea sore spreading: One or two cassia seeds are used as the end, mixed with mercury and a little light powder, no stars can be seen after grinding, rubbed and applied with medicine, and it will heal immediately. ("Miraculous Recipe")
Decoction, 9-15g; used for laxative, not long-term decoction.
People with Qi deficiency and loose stools should not use it.
1. "Compendium of Materia Medica": "In addition to liver and gallbladder wind-heat, leprosy skin white film, green blindness."
2. "Chinese Materia Medica" states that its application is relatively extensive, and it contains: "Cleansing the liver and nourishing the kidneys, improving eyesight, diuresis and laxative. It is mainly used to treat red eyes, swelling and pain, shame and tears, green blindness, bird eyes, headache, dizziness, and dim vision, liver cirrhosis, ascites, difficulty urinating, and habitual constipation. External treatment of swollen toxin and ringworm."
3. "Herbal Classic": "Treat green blindness, red eyes, red and white film on the skin, red eyes, tears, long-term use to benefit the essence."
Jue Ming Zi benefits
Clearing heat and improving eyesight
Jue Ming Zi is bitter and cold, and can clear away heat, has the effect of clearing away heat and improving eyesight, and can be used to treat symptoms such as red eyes, astringent eyes, embarrassment and tears, and constipation caused by wind-heat attack and liver-fire disturbance. It can also improve blurred vision and blurred vision caused by liver and kidney yin deficiency.
Jue Ming Zi also has the effect of laxative and laxative, which can effectively improve symptoms such as dry stool and constipation caused by internal heat and intestinal dryness.
Purging liver fire
Semen Cassiae is bitter and cold, and can also relieve liver fire, and can be used to improve dizziness caused by hyperactivity of liver yang.
Dispelling the Wind and Resolving the Exterior
If cassia seeds are brewed and drunk together with mulberry leaves, mint, etc., they can also relieve wind and relieve the exterior, and can effectively improve symptoms such as sore throat, dizziness and fatigue caused by heat and cold.
Jue Ming Zi side effects
1. Because Jue Ming Zi is bitter and cold, it may cause certain harm to people with weak constitution or people who take cassia seed for a long time, so it must be taken correctly under the guidance of a doctor.
2. If you take a large amount of Jue Ming Zi, the effect of laxative will be too much, which will cause diarrhea; it may also cause constipation, because long-term use will destroy the normal intestinal flora; it may also cause menstrual disorders in women and abortion in pregnant women, because cassia seeds The medicine is cold in nature, long-term use may cause palace cold and cause miscarriage in pregnant women; cassia seed has the effect of lowering blood pressure, if taken for a long time, if the blood pressure is lowered too much, it will cause hypotension and lead to dizziness, dizziness, fatigue and other symptoms.
Jue Ming Zi uses
1. 6 grams each of lotus leaf, cassia seed, hawthorn, and eupatorium, decocted in water instead of tea.
2. Take 30 grams of hawthorn, 15 grams of Jue Ming Zi, add 1000 ml of water, decoct in water instead of tea.
Treat high blood pressure
1. Appropriate amount of Jue Ming Zi, stir-fry yellow, mash into coarse powder, soak in boiling water, take 3 grams each time, 3 times a day.
2. Jue Ming Zi 15 grams, Prunella vulgaris 10 grams, decocted in water, 1 dose per day, even for 1 month.
Treatment of malnutrition in children
10 grams of cassia seed, ground into powder, 1 pair of chicken liver, smashed, mixed with a little white wine to make a cake, steamed and eaten.
Jue Ming Zi tea
First, stir-fry the cassia seeds over a low heat until the aroma overflows, take it out, let it cool, and then soak it in boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes before drinking, and refill the water as you drink until the taste is light.
Efficacy: Treat eye diseases such as conjunctival congestion, swelling and pain, embarrassment and tears, blurred vision, etc., and also have a certain effect of reducing liver fire. It has the effect of moistening the intestines and laxative, and can also lower blood pressure, remove dampness and heat, regulate the body's immune function, and improve immunity.
Chrysanthemum Cassia Seed Tea
Raw materials: 10 grams of wolfberry, 3 grams of chrysanthemum, 20 grams of Jue Ming Zi.
Method: Put wolfberries, chrysanthemums, and cassia seeds into a larger cup with a cover at the same time, brew with boiling water, cover it, and drink it after 15 minutes of stuffiness.
Usage: As tea, drink frequently, generally brew 3 to 5 times.
Composition: Jue Ming Zi, chrysanthemum, japonica rice, rock sugar.
First, put the cassia seeds into the casserole and stir-fry, usually until it is slightly fragrant, take it out and wait until it cools down, then fry the juice with the chrysanthemum, remove the medicine dregs and take the juice, put it into the japonica rice to cook the porridge, when the porridge is about to be cooked, add rock sugar, then Cook one to two boils and eat. Once a day, usually 5 to 7 days is a course of treatment. People with diarrhea should not take this prescription.
Granular Jue Ming Zi have a massage effect on the head and cervical spine points. Using cassia seed pillow can not only relax meridians and activate collaterals, create a comfortable sleeping environment, but also promote blood circulation and improve cervical spondylosis and cerebral arteriosclerosis.
How to choose Jue Ming Zi?
1. Jue Ming Zi with good quality are rhomboid or short cylindrical, with both ends parallel and inclined, greenish brown or dark brown in appearance, smooth and shiny in appearance.
2. Little Jue Ming with good quality are generally short cylindrical, with a protruding ridge line on the back and ventral surface, obliquely symmetrical, light-colored linear concave lines on both sides of the ridge line, and silk lines on both sides of the surface. Broad light yellowish brown band.
How to buy Jue Ming Zi?
supply factory sale Jue Ming Zi
, if you are interested in Juemingzi
& Semen cassiae
, please fill below form, we will contact you within 24 hours.